Sunday, April 17, 2011

"We only grow when we're uncomfortable where we are."

Near the end of each teacher training weekend, I'm vulnerable and I'm not sure why.  The tiniest thing will bring me to tears.  I love teacher training.  I'm learning so much and I'm surrounded by wonderful people.

I was confident in the beginning that I'm ready for this experience but I've doubted that lately...

I have wonderful individuals in my life who think I'm more than ready and that this vulnerability is, in a sense, just growing pains.  I'm still uncertain, but their words are comforting.

The quote in the title comes from my lovely friend, Augusta.

Class and conversation with my friend Amanda, along with Blake, were uplifting.

An unexpected hug from Melanie was helpful as well - she must have sensed my discomfort.

Hopefully these growing pains will soon be relieved and this journey will continue to be enlightening and enjoyable.

3 comments:

  1. Ok... now I am in tears. I love that you are on this journey, friend. Take the beautiful compassion you share with the world and turn it inward. Feel. Breathe. Believe. Breathe ;)
    I am so glad we were able to chat before class, and - as always - it was great practicing with you (and "skinny" Blake!). Take good care!
    Oh... and knowing Mel... I have a feeling she, too, knew you needed a hug :)
    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were able to step away from the pull of the emotions and learn some great lessons! Vulnerability isn't bad or dysfunctional, its just not what our egos think is "proper!" Good for you for processing it and sharing it!! Love and Namaste! Augusta

    ReplyDelete